When adding data to InfoSum, you’ll first need to create a dataset. This quick start will explain how to create a dataset.
A dataset is a basic repository for the data and any supporting assets, such as permissions.
You can create a dataset using the New Dataset button on the Datasets tab, or use the plus sign shortcut in the top right which appears on every page throughout the Platform. You will then be taken to the form below where you can choose what size of the bunker you need depending on your file volumes.
Once you chose your bunker size, you will then be taken to the form below where you can choose your cloud instance location and the provider you would like for your bunker
Now, it will ask you to select what type of dataset you would like to create
Select the type of dataset you want and click Next
- An insight dataset can include identifiers and attribute data, and can only be used to create anonymised statistics.
- An activation dataset can only include identifiers and can be used to output a list.
You will then be taken to the form below.
On this page, you will need to:
- Add a Private ID, which will be used to reference the dataset in queries
- Add a Public Name, which will be visible to other users if you send permission
- Add a Public Description
- Select a project (if required)
- Set an expiry date
Note: Your dataset and corresponding bunker will be deleted permanently on the date you set above. If you do not wish your dataset to expire then check Do not expire box
The final step is to select Create, then you will be taken back to the Datasets tab. This is your home for viewing, editing and deleting your datasets.
Now you've created the dataset, you can connect to the corresponding Bunker and import your data.