How to push results to an Amazon S3 bucket with an access key
After running an activation query, you can push the resulting file to an Amazon S3 bucket using an AWS access key.
To do so, you will need to create a connection between the InfoSum Platform and your Amazon S3 bucket. If you need to give permissions to another user, please follow the steps in how to create an activation dataset permission.
You can activate results to a file using either Segment Builder or the Query Tool. Go to the Activation tab under Activate, where you will see some information about the campaign and its status. The total rows give you an insight into the size of the file, before pushing it to the destination.
At the bottom of the page, you will see a box providing more details on the campaign, such as the query used and the name of the output column. There are three menu tabs within this box - Details, Export Configurations Connectors and Export History. Once you've pushed the results, the details and status will be viewable under the Export History tab.
For now, switch to Export Configuration Connectors and use the slider to enable Amazon S3 with access key. The form below will now appear. Please reach out to email@example.com if you cannot see the S3 with access key connector.
The above form contains the following fields:
- AWS Region: Select the AWS region where the bucket is located
- Bucket Name: Specify the bucket name (no leading s3 identifier, i.e. "bucket-name" not "s3://bucket-name")
- Destination Path: Path within the bucket
- Prefix: Optionally, add an extra path in this box [SubFolder/NextFolder/]
- Destination Filename: User defined Filename (include the file extension - e.g. pushfile.csv)
- Access Key ID: Customer needs to authenticate using their AWS credentials
- Secret Access Key: Customer needs to authenticate using their AWS credentials
- Session Token: Customer can optionally enter a session token to validate temporary AWS credentials
When you have completed all the required fields, click Save. When you click Save, the Activate button will become clickable. Selecting this button will begin the file stream.
Switch to the Export History tab to see the status and check for any errors. Once the status has a green tick, the file has been successfully pushed to the S3 bucket.