Creating a dataset
When adding data to InfoSum, you’ll first need to create a dataset. This quick start will explain how to create a dataset.
Before starting, please make sure you are logged into your InfoSum Platform account.
A dataset is a basic repository for the data and any supporting assets, such as permissions.
You can create a dataset using the New Dataset button on the Datasets tab, or use the plus sign shortcut in the top right which appears on every page throughout the Platform. You will then be taken to the form below where you can choose which allowance to use and what size of Bunker you need depending on your file volumes.
The Category limit means you can publish up to 25 category columns for the dataset.
The number of Bunkers and rows across Bunkers you can create is based on your InfoSum plan. This is because not all InfoSum Platform features come as standard - please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Once you chose your Bunker size and click Next, you will be taken to the form below where you can choose your cloud instance location and the provider you would like for your Bunker.
Note: If you have access to only one location, the Location form is skipped and your company's default location is used.
Click Next and it will ask you to select what type of dataset you would like to create.
Select the type of dataset you want and click Next.
- An insight dataset can include identifiers and attribute data, and can only be used to create anonymized statistics.
- An activation dataset can only include identifiers and can be used to output a list. The only categories allowed in activation datasets are those used to generate keys.
You will then be taken to the form below.
On this form, you will need to:
- Add a Private ID, which will be used to reference the dataset in queries
- Add a Public Name, which will be visible to other users if you send a permission
- Add a Public Description, which is a free-text explanation of what the dataset is for.
- Select a Project (if required), which is a user scoped label associated with a number of datasets.
- Select a Team, which is a collection of users within a company
- Set a Dataset Expiry date, which allows you to configure the dataset to expire a fixed period of time after it is created
Note: Your dataset and corresponding Bunker will be deleted permanently on the date you set above. If you do not wish your dataset to expire then tick the Do not expire box
The final step is to select Create, then you will be taken back to the Datasets tab. This is your home for viewing, editing and deleting your datasets.
Now you've created the dataset, you can connect to the corresponding Bunker and import your data.