How to push results to an S3 bucket
After running an activation query, you can push the resulting file to an S3 bucket.
To do so, you will need to create a connection between the InfoSum Platform and your S3 bucket.
Go to the Activation tab under Activate, where you will see some information about the campaign and its status. The total rows give you an insight into the size of the file, before pushing it to the destination.
At the bottom of the page, you will see a box providing more details on the campaign, such as the query used and the name of the output column. There are three menu tabs within this box - Details, Pushes, and Push Connectors. Once you've pushed the results, the details and status will be viewable under the Pushes tab.
For now, switch to Push Connectors and use the slider to enable S3. The form below will now appear.
The above form contains the following fields:
- Principal: Customer needs to authorise the ARN in this field to assume the Push Role that is supplied in step 3 below
- External ID: InfoSum generated ID per user email domain. Customers should use this external ID, along with the Principal for an extra validation when allowing the assumption of their push role
- Push Role ARN: Customer needs to create a role that has a Permissions Policy that allows writing to their S3 bucket. The expected format of the ARN entered here is:
- Session Name: User defined session
- AWS Region: Region of your bucket
- Bucket Name: Specify the bucket name (no leading s3 identifier, e.g. "bucket-name" not "s3://bucket-name")
- Destination Path: Path within the bucket
- Prefix: Optionally add extra path in this box [SubFolder/NextFolder/]
- Destination Filename: User defined Filename
For details of configuring your AWS S3 bucket to push data, click here.
Here is the detailed flow…
- InfoSum uses the intermediate role identified in the Principal field. Prior to assuming the customer role specified in the Role ARN field
- Customer need to allow the Principal appended with the session name defined in the Session Name field and External ID to assume your Push role to push
- InfoSum will push the file to the customer S3 bucket
When you entered all required fields, click Save. When you select Save, the Activate button will become clickable. Selecting this button will begin the file stream.
Switch to the Pushes tab to see the status and check for any errors. Once the status has a green tick, the file has been successfully pushed to the SFTP server.