How to accept a permission
Before you can reference this dataset, you'll need to accept the permission.
You'll know that you've received permission to reference another user's dataset in two ways:
- you'll receive an email at your registered email address
- when you log into the Platform, you'll see the new permission listed under Pending Permissions on the Dashboard tab.
Before you can reference this dataset, you'll need to accept the permission. If you are in a company and do not have rights to accept a permission, you will need to ask someone who has the rights to accept the permission. To do this:
- Click the View button on the Dashboard, or switch to the Permissions Received tab.
- Find the dataset in the list shown. You may be able to identify it using the status icon, which shows that the Platform is waiting for you to accept the permission.
- Drop down the Action menu and select Accept.
Once you've accepted the permission, you'll be prompted with the option to change the Private ID. This is the name you'll use to reference this dataset in queries.
As the name suggests, the Private ID is private to you. The person who shared the dataset also has a Private ID for this dataset - but it is different to yours, and changing yours doesn't affect theirs.