How to import data from Snowflake to InfoSum
Overview of Snowflake & InfoSum: Using your Snowflake data in InfoSum to collaborate with other parties.
This diagram shows what can be done today.
Overview: How to export data from Snowflake into InfoSum
In order to export data into InfoSum from Snowflake, please be aware that interaction with both platforms will be required.
First, start by using Snowflake’s documentation to set up the cloud storage, then define the data you want to export before exporting the file from Snowflake. Today, Snowflake offers two InfoSum-compatible options for cloud storage: either Google Cloud Storage (“GCS”) or S3 bucket. Once the data is exported to cloud storage, then, use InfoSum to create the Bunkers and upload your files.
As soon as the onboarding process is finished, you are ready to start making the most of InfoSum’s data collaboration capabilities.
- Configure your Cloud Storage Integration in Snowflake to access Amazon S3 or Google Cloud Storage
- Define the data you want to export from Snowflake
- Push the final dataset to the S3 or GCS bucket
- Create the Bunker in InfoSum and upload the file
Use the InfoSum Bunkers UI to create a Bunker to upload the dataset. Normalize the dataset, map it easily to our Global Schema.
- Start data collaboration in InfoSum
Use InfoSum Platform and the tools available to enable data collaboration. Build segments on your first party data to get enriched insights or to activate them in your campaigns.
1. Configure your Cloud Storage Integration in Snowflake to access Amazon S3 or Google Cloud Storage
2. Define the data you want to export from Snowflake
If you have any questions or to validate the process, please contact Snowflake support. Click here for more information about how to format your data.
3. Push the final dataset to the S3 or GCS bucket
You need to set up the appropriate connector to send your data from Snowflake to InfoSum. Contact Snowflake support to confirm you have set up the connection correctly.
You can choose to export a CSV file from Snowflake to an S3 or GCS bucket. InfoSum offers connectors for both S3 and GCS buckets. You can also choose your preferred authentication method based on your preference.
Once this is complete, you will then be able to use the relative connector to easily upload the file into InfoSum.
4a. Create the Bunker
You must create a Bunker in InfoSum to be able to start connecting your data.
Create the dataset using the New Dataset button on the Dataset tab or use the plus sign shortcut in the top right which appears on every page throughout the Platform.
You are required to supply information on the following 4 sections:
Click here to find more details on how to create a Bunker and how to import a dataset.
In the following section you can see in more detail how to import the file into InfoSum.
4b. Import the file into the correspondent Bunker
Once you have created the Bunker, you can connect to that Bunker and import your data. The Bunker automatically opens on the Dashboard tab. Next, select Import a dataset and select the connector you chose to use (S3 or Google Cloud).
See the following links for details on how to use each connector:
Follow these steps to import the file:
- Select the source from where InfoSum will pull the data: S3 bucket or Google Cloud Storage bucket.
- Connect to your source by entering the credentials required.
Download the file by selecting it from the list that appears.
At this step you must:
- Select as field delimiter the delimiter used in the file.
- After clicking the Download button and then the Connect button, you will see a preview of the file.
If you are satisfied with the preview config you can accept it, otherwise you can make the changes you want and then accept the preview config.
Once you've accepted the preview configuration, you will need to assign a configuration to the dataset. Click on create a new config, a new table will be opened. If you have already saved a config, you can use the one you saved.
At this step you can:
- Accept the suggestions made by the Platform for mapping categories to the Global Schema.
- Define custom categories.
- Use the slider to enable columns as Key.
- Then accept the wizard settings.
- At this step, you can complete the normalization process. If you are satisfied with the results and no alert appears on the table shown in the Normalize step, click on the Normalize button and then Publish the dataset.
5. Start to collaborate with your data
InfoSum enables you to connect and extend the performance of your own proprietary data.
There are different ways you can start collaboration using InfoSum, you can access different tools that allow you to start collaborating.
Connect with your InfoSum Customer Success Manager to define together the best way to connect your data according to the use case you want to implement.