Using the Explain Endpoint
When InfoSum Platform explains a query, it details the exact steps involved in performing it - without actually carrying out the query itself. You can explain a query to understand more about its behaviour, to debug problems, or simply as part of the process of writing it.
Explaining a query does not use any credits. So, while you are developing a query, you may prefer to test it by explaining it rather than executing it in the normal way. If you are unhappy with the selections, you can change them either within the query itself, or by using query metadata.
Among other details, explaining a query will reveal:
- the path selected between datasets
- the intersection size between each pair of datasets
- the key selected to connect each pair of datasets
- the filters applied to each representation
- the quality metrics (see the reference documentation for a full explanation).